Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year, Now Get Off Your Butt!

   Happy New Year! How did you end 2012? I ended my 2012 meeting my weight loss goals for the month of December. YAHOO! I also spent the night with great friends ending the night with an EPIC dance party. I hope that all of you were so fortunate to spend the night with people you love doing something fun.
   But, because it is the new year, I am sure some of you made resolutions. What are you going to do to keep them? Have you made a plan? I can't make resolutions, I never keep them. And I DO NOT need another reason to not like myself. But, I am learning a little bit about keeping goals. First thing you need to do is break you large goals into small, even tiny goals. Trying to lose weight? Then you need to change just one habit you have. Drink 64+ ounces of water today. Or journal your food on http://www.livestrong.com/myplate so you can see how much you are eating to make healthy changes. Or, get up right now, dress warm, and go walking. Go one step further than you ever have. Go one minute longer than you ever have. Then tomorrow, do it again. Do it until you have made yourself a habit. Then pick another small goal and do that. Making lasting changes to improve yourself all start with small tiny steps. You can do it! You are better than every excuse holding you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here on this blog, everyone is a friend. I would love to read what you have to say, just keep it polite and clean. And may the run be with you.