Thursday, January 17, 2013

The 30 Day Shred Challenge

   It has been 17 days since I last posted, but I promise you, I haven't fallen off the horse. I have been working out and eating well. Livestrong.com/myplate are best friends. My husband is even joining me on the journey! And we have a goal, for me to lose as close to 20 by March as I can (I think 15 is more realistic, but we'll see what he thinks with March 1st rolls around). To help me reach this goal and to get us both on a healthier path, I was trying to find a workout program that was cheap but results driven. After much internet searching and review reading, I found what I was looking for: Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. And, the videos are FREE on Youtube! Cheap and AWESOME!
   I am no novice when it comes to a Jillian workout. I have cussed her many a times doing Biggest Loser Workouts, or one of her many other videos. But I have never embarked on this kind of a journey before. She promises you can lose up to 20 pounds and lots of inches by following her Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and then doing cardio Wednesday and Saturday, with a well deserved rest on Sundays. Mark and I started on Monday and will finish March 5.
   The workouts are short, only 25 minutes. But trust me, you will be yelling a myriad of bad words at her before the end. She knows her stuff though. And, in between all the "Don't phone this in" and "I need you to be working!" comments, she has some great truths for you to remember. My favorite is "You have to fight for abs like these!" I never thought about that. I guess you do have to fight to be a better you. So that is what we are doing, fighting it out until March 5. Then, guess what? Then it is time for Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here on this blog, everyone is a friend. I would love to read what you have to say, just keep it polite and clean. And may the run be with you.