Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Oh Ripped in 30, How I Hate/Love You

 
   So are you already know, Mark and I are doing Ripped in 30 Monday-Thursday as well as running on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. That means 2 workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Last Tuesday we started level 2 of Ripped. It is hard. It is trying. I ended up cussing and throwing my weights down and walking away (and yes, I use 5 pound weights, so it was a THUNK! of a day). That was the start of my rough week. My run was actually pretty good that night, running through bad times is starting to become a hobby of mine. But, you can't do Jillian if you hate yourself. It is too hard and you will give up. Just like I did last Tuesday. And Wednesday.
   Today was day 5 on level 2 (we are doing 7 days on each level). It is better. There are still some moves I just can't do. But I sure do try. And you know what? I can see a difference in my body. My arms are looking a lot more muscular. My legs are getting more ripped. And my back hurts, which is a sign it is getting a good workout. Do I love these workouts like I did the Shred? No. Am I getting better visual results? Yep. You decided which is better.
   Running is going well, ish anyway. Last week was a level off week and my 3 mile Saturday run was awful. Today's 2 mile run wasn't great either. At least I had an excuse today. I didn't eat or drink anything for 6 hours before the run. Not smart. I guess there is no such thing as a bad run as long as you learn the lesson of why it was a bad run, right? The Salt Lake City 5K is now less than a month away and the YMCA Famous Idaho Potato Marathon is less than 2 months away. While I hope to have a PR at the 5K (which shouldn't be hard to beat 41 minutes), I am more worried about the 13.1 mile run. I just hope that it is a great running day and I figure out how to fuel my body by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here on this blog, everyone is a friend. I would love to read what you have to say, just keep it polite and clean. And may the run be with you.