Tuesday, April 2, 2013

10K In The Books

   Saturday was officially the longest length I have ever ran. I ran a 10K, or 6.2 miles. Because my short runs have been so bad that week, I was terrified what Saturday's run would look like. And my parents were here, so we had to hurry so we could go to Salt Lake for a Jazz game and a day of fun. I tried warning them I might take a while to run it. And I was worried. But I don't think I needed to worry.
   I ran a 10K in 1 hr. 15 min., which is about 12 minute miles. YAY!!! To a fast runner, this is a terrible time. Some people can almost run a 5K in my mile time. But to me, this is great! And according to the race predictor, this shows my half marathon time to be around 2 hr. 50 min., which means I can stay under 3 hours like I want. And I am figuring out the right way to fuel before a run and during, which makes running easier and more enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Jill!! I love when people just run and accomplish a goal without worrying about speed. I'm all about just getting it done. I'm not fast by any means nor will I ever be and that's ok.

    ReplyDelete

Here on this blog, everyone is a friend. I would love to read what you have to say, just keep it polite and clean. And may the run be with you.