Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oh Rocky, You Make It Look TOO Easy

   Saturday marked my first run outside since we moved. We checked it out on a route planner and realized that running around the Ogden Weber Tech campus equaled a mile. So Saturday Mark and I set out with Addison's cumbersome stroller (we are still in the market for a jogger that isn't a piece of crap) to do our 5 miles. However, the first third of the mile was a hill. A long, long hill. While most of the run is either downhill or flat, there is that long hill. And we had to conquer it 5 times.
  The first mile was good. I realized that running on my flat treadmill was not enough to prepare me for the course I would be running in Vegas. Then, the second trip up the hill killed me. I ended up getting all the way up the hill then having to walk a bit to recover before running again. The third time? FORGET ABOUT IT! I was dying, but told myself that it didn't matter if I walked AFTER I finished the hill, I just had to finish it. And so that is how the rest of the miles went. Run the hill. Walk the next fourth of a mile or so. Run down the other side. Prepare for the hill, and run again.
   The way that run actually went and how I pictured it were completely different. This is how I start my runs, at least in my head...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NubH5BDOaD8. This is what I probably really look like, but in much slower motion...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bXbJitRZg. The ending is totally me. But hey, what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here on this blog, everyone is a friend. I would love to read what you have to say, just keep it polite and clean. And may the run be with you.