Thursday, July 5, 2012

Running, running. Fun! Fun! Fun! Meant to do 3, but did a 4 mile run!

  As you can tell by the title, it was a GREAT running day. I was in an awesome mood because dinner was in the pot, ready for me when I got home, it had rained, and Addison and I had a wonderful day together. I hoped that would translate over to my run. And when I first got on the treadmill, I got worried because the first half mile was a killer. I am still trying to figure out my pace, so that took a while. And my hips still hurt from the last 3 miler I did, making it painful almost when I started. But then I figured out the right speed (3.8. Yes, I am that fat and slow!) and BAM!, running got easy. Almost like I was born to run!
   Things were going great. At 1 1/2 miles I started toying with the idea of going for 4 miles. I was feeling good, I was breathing out my nose for the most part, and my hips were feeling great. Then 3 miles came and a fit couple came to the workout room and started running on 7.0! 7/0, really?! I knew I had to go to 4 miles then or else they would think I was ridiculous keeping the same stride they were at 3.8 without going 4 miles.  And it was going great, UNTIL the treadmill went into cool down mode because I had been on it an hour. With .22 miles to go until my 4th complete mile, and only 5 minutes of "cool down" time left on my timer before my miles disappeared off the display forever, I decided to turn it up. 4.5 wasn't adding the miles up fast enough, neither was 5.0, 5.3, or 5.5. Then with just .9 miles to go and 1 minute left, I was forced to run at a 6. But alas, I ended up being .3 short when the minute ran up. So, I turned the treadmill back up to 6 and ran the .3 I was short and did a cool down. I thought they would think I was lazy or crazy, but instead when I got done the lady was impressed I ran it into cool down mode! HOW ABOUT THAT?!?! Looking back, it was amazing! If you would have told me even 2 months ago I could run that long I would have laughed at you. Run a hour straight? That is for crazy people. But I did it. And I did it and sprinted my butt off at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here on this blog, everyone is a friend. I would love to read what you have to say, just keep it polite and clean. And may the run be with you.