- This picture never fails to crack me up. Almost every long distance runner knows all about runner's trots and fears this happening to them. I know I shouldn't laugh, but I am juvenile that way.
- To get through my terrible pregnancies, I watched a lot of Mean Kitty. A LOT. I just love that man and his cats.
- I am terrified of snakes. Like really really terrified. I have panic attacks after seeing one.
- In case you haven't figured it out, I love Las Vegas. LOVE. LOVE. We really tried to move there after we graduated college and have never been able too. Still, I would move there in a heartbeat if we got the chance. I love it, snakes and all.
- This makes me happy too. It is a rare sight.
Notice anything missing from this picture? Yep, no cars on the Strip. The roads are cleared for the Rock N'
Roll Marathon 2012.
- I wish there was a Just The Strip Half in Las Vegas. The race could start at the Welcome to Vegas sign and run to the Welcome to Downtown Sign and back. If I figured it right, that is about a half in distance. And it would be AWESOME! But it has to be at night. That is my dream race.
- I never feel trained enough for any of the races I have ever ran. I wonder if there is a runner out there that would say different.
- I changed my running playlist recently and tried adding Wannabe by the Spice Girls but for some reason, it wouldn't upload and this song did instead. I am so glad for the glitch now. This song has been there to push me through some walls recently and I love the message.
- I love the Spice Girls. I watch the movie often.
- My 3-year-old insists that Dad sings Eye of the Tiger. Mark looks nothing like Dave Bickler. Nor can Mark sing.
- She also insists that I like all Bruno Mars songs. She would be correct there.
- Same thing with Walk Off the Earth.
- This is the BEST THING EVER!
- I am really excited to try some real carb loading this week. I am making Chicken Piccata with spaghetti noodles on Thursday and have been looking forward to it since I decided to make it 2 weeks ago. Plus, I will make enough for lunch the next day. This is probably Mark and I's favorite home date night meal.
- I lived in Cincinnati in 2004 and still live (or run as the case may be) to eat Skyline Chili. Mmmmm. And this is a pretty good recipe for it if you can't get to your nearest Skyline.
- Am I the only runner out there that doesn't really like oatmeal?
- Why are my calves and thighs getting so large this training season? It is getting hard to get pants that fit my non-existent butt and hips with my large legs.
- I can't wait to go to Idaho after my half Saturday and share my finisher's medal with Isabel. I have another one from last July I also need to take her. Sharing our medals is a tradition we have started since we run in her memory.
Isabel with my first medal from the Famous Potato Marathon.
- I recently bought duck shaped buttons to sew into my running gear so I can carry Isabel with me that way. I was running with her duck pictured above, but it took up a lot of space in my pouch and, because this duck spent time with Isabel, I was always terrified I would lose it. You can't remake memories with someone who passed.
- Mark was looking for something yesterday and we ended up pulling out Isabel's scrapbook. I was able to look through it with Addison and have the perfect centering moment I needed to get ready for the next race.
- I can't wait until Addison can run half marathons with Mark and I.
- Am I really thinking about running a full marathon? Mark is several weeks into training for his full in June and so far I think I am keeping up okay. But we haven't ran an 18+ miler either...
- I really really wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up. I was absolutely addicted to Apollo 13, The Right Stuff, and any book about NASA's early days. I watched a lot of space shuttle launches, no matter what time they were. Then I got into high school math with 2 really bad teachers that made me hate math. I am pretty good at math, but now find it boring. Without math, I saw no way to become and anything that would make me an astronaut.
- I joined my high schools speech team the first year it was created and, apparently, I am pretty great at public speaking. Speaking in front of others has never bothered me. I also competed on my college speech and debate team. It was some of the best times of my life.
- I am 5 years older than my husband. I met Mark while he was still in high school. We graduated high school on the same date, 5 years apart. We both started college on the same day in 2005. We also started dating at that time. It has been really fun growing up together as adults.
|Just in case you don't know what Skyline is, it is this yummy creation. This is the 3-way, which means spaghetti noodles, Cincinnati style chili, and lots of finely shredded cheddar cheese. THIS is worth being fat over.|
Well, there is your 25 things you probably didn't know about me. As you can see, I am kind of a weird person. I'm okay with that. The weird ones always have the best stories! And a big thanks to all of my readers. People willing to read all the stuff I write is amazing to me. THANK YOU!