Anyone ready for crock pot recipes round two? Here are some tried and true meat recipes (and one vegetarian chili!). My 3-year-old loves every single one of these recipes, and they work really well for leftovers. If you are looking for my round one recipes, just click here.
Crockpot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
· 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks
· 1/2 t ground pepper
· 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
· 2/3 cup BBQ sauce (I used Brown Sugar/Hickory)
· 2 T brown sugar
· 1 t chili powder
1. Spray Crock pot with non-stick cooking spray, or use a Crock pot liner for easy clean-up.
2. Place chicken breasts on bottom.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients together, and pour over chicken.
4. Cook 6-8 hours on low setting.
Crock Pot Maple Dijon Chicken Thighs
· 6-8 Chicken thighs
· 1/2 C Dijon Mustard
· 1/4 C Maple Syrup
· 1 T Rice Wine Vinegar
· 1 onion sliced
1. Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray
2. Place chicken in crock pot
3. Mix together mustard, syrup, vinegar and pour over chicken
4. Top with mushrooms and sliced onion
5. Cook on low for 6 hours
Crockpot Balsamic Glazed Drumsticks
· 8 chicken drumsticks
· 3 tablespoons coconut oil (olive oil would work too!)
· 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
· 3 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce if you're not GF)
· 1 tablespoon honey
1. Put all ingredients into a gallon freezer bag and you can either freeze for a make ahead meal or let marinade overnight
2. The next morning just dump it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Chili with Sweet Potatoes
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 1 tablespoon ground cumin
· 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· kosher salt and black pepper
· 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
· 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
· 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
· sour cream, sliced scallions and tortilla chips, (for serving)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a gallon freezer bag.
2. Thaw and put in crock pot. Cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
3. Serve the chili with the sour cream, scallions, and tortilla chips.
Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork
· 1 whole Large Onion, sliced
· 1 whole Pork Roast - 5 To 7 Pounds
· Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
· 1 can (11 Ounce) Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce (use less for a milder flavor)
· 1 can Dr. Pepper (or about 2 cups if you are pouring from a 2 liter).
· 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
Put everything but the Dr. Pepper in a freezer bag. When ready to cook, thaw and add to crock pot with Dr. Pepper. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Take cooked pork out of crock pot and shred. Strain off any fat. Mix shredded pork back in with sauce. Can be served many ways:
1. Serve on warm flour tortillas with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, grated cheese, avocado slices, salsa, and whatever else you'd like.
2. Serve on rolls or buns for a sandwich. Can be topped with avocado slices.
3. Serve on nachos.
4. Top a pizza with it.
5. Serve over rice.
6. Serve over cornbread for deconstructed tamales.
Easy Cheesy Chicken
· 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
· 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
· 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
· 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup and cream of Cheddar cheese soup. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in sour cream just before serving. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Crock Pot Pork Chops and Mushrooms
· 4 pork chops (boneless, thick)
· 2 onions (sliced)
· 4 ozs sliced mushrooms
· 11/4 ozs onion soup mix (envelope dry)
· 1/2 cup water (dry white wine)
· 103/4 ozs cream of mushroom soup
Add meat, onions, and mushrooms to a gallon freezer bag. Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over meat in bag. When ready to cook, thaw and cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with rice or pasta. Serves 4